peppercornjournal

about development of peppercorn into a real baby.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Two months and two days

I'm hoping the baby does not inherit husband's infamous procrastination trait - its hard because a lot of it has rubbed off on to me.... like i meant to write about chotu becoming two months old and its already two days late... that's like 10%late.

So, now she does more than just sticks her tongue out at the world. She also smiles a lot, especially when we change her out of a wet diaper, or give her a massage, or a god burping preceded by a verrrrrry good feed.
When she wants to be picked up, she does this whole flirtatious tilt head to a side, give a big toothless grin and be like i'm so cute, pick me up and find out for yourself!!!!
Of course, she has also learnt to throw tantrums from hell if her meals are not right when she wants it. She cant be kept waiting for even a minute - now I KNOW this impatience is from me, heh!!

The thing about being a mother and this whole feeding bit - I kind of got used to the fact that there is zero privace when people keep barging in without an excuse me while feeding - but why is everybody obsessed with the breast milk - today one annoying auntyji was all like so, is your milk enough for baby and i soooo wanted to be like why??? do u want some too??? WTF! though i was warned about all this by my adorable obgyn, who i swear i love even though i had to wait an hour to see him at every check up. I've never had a doctor so practical and calm before. My preggerhood was a breeze thanks to him.

And while a month ago, i actually waited for the day to end, so i could grab some shut eye since chotu doesnt sleep at all during the day (completely disregarding our agreement in-utero, how very chinmulgund of her) now its more regular, i dont stress over boob versus bottle and ignore all the annoying girlfreinds who insist i should feel nothing but overwhelming lurve at this time. So, this motherhood thing is growing on me and i love it more and more with every naughty smile my chotu gives. And i also love the whole not going to work bit and stressing abouit yarn deliveries and shipment schedules too. HEH!!

1 Comments:

At 6/12/2007 08:09:00 PM , Blogger Shruti said...

Chotu is adorable...sawed her pic....what with margaritas& where are the miaows???

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home