peppercornjournal

about development of peppercorn into a real baby.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Amelia's first field trip

This is supposed to be about Amelia's experiences on planet earth hehe so lets get back to that shall we? Last week Amelia went on her first field trip - organised by her playschool to the local park. This meant her very first bus ride and learning to queue and not insist to the other toddler's that the swing is baby's. Yes, Amelia refers to herself in the third person like royalty - is it my fault her moniker is Rani Saheb. Then it was off to the sand-pit where Amelia discovered well, sand.
Then she held hands with another toddler and started pointing out to her the sky, trees and crows while toddler Yshmera was insistent on dragging Amelia along designated path to be first in line. I'm so glad I went along - I definelty see the world differently when I'm with her. So different from my father in law trying to get me out of bed at 5am in Gangktok to see the sun-rise over the Kanchenjunga when i borrowed frther into my razai and said yes the sun rises it sets - it doesnt need me. With Amelia, I am forced to see everyday wonders for what they are - little miracles - pigeons bathing, butterflies flitting about!!

Now of course, everytime we pass a bus, I'm told 'mama bus, baby wants to go in bus'. And I have to be all 'no, amelia, the bus doesnt go where we want to'. Which leads to a big philosophical discussion spoken entirely in gibberish.

But Alarmingly, I notice all my anecdotes have been about which kid is settling into school, and who's planning their next baby and what are child-friendly places in the city (very few you'll find). I need a job and fast. Cant belive i'm doing what i used to laugh at other women for. sigh!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home