peppercornjournal

about development of peppercorn into a real baby.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

back

has it really been so long since i last recorded what amelia did? There is a verbal disbursal of her wonders almost everyday and to everyone. whatto do - i am a stay at home mother. Initially out of a forced choice, since i sold away my business, something I was not super succesful at anyway, might as well admit it - but now increasingly out of a twinned inertia and a vaguue dread of leaving Amelia for too long with justthe maid.
All of the husband's naggings about young children with maids seems to have left a permanent impression on my frontal lobe - not enough to get me to stop going for girly lunches at Royal China but just so I wontactually make a resume that could take me towards a 9-to-5 gainful occupation. I think I'm just waiting around for something to serendipitiously fall into my lap - my first choice would be to work at a glam fashion mag, but I do think my shoes just arent nice enough. Second would be to be a fashion buyer - but what exactly would i say my skills are? Running my own garment production factory has left me hopelessly ill-equipped to be at the receiving end of a boss's demands. And watching the devil wears prada and several semi-drunken conversations (post-baby, I've only been seriously drunk once, one more of my habits i had to let go) with other women in the business is not enough prep I think. Now I can only indulge in wishful thinking.

1 Comments:

At 8/29/2008 08:17:00 AM , Blogger ganpatibapa said...

hi nish,
If you don't get out there quick you will get really comfy and snuggly where you are.
btw - belated happy budday

ganesh

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home